Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Messiah's Treasury Secretary to be: Whoopsie!

Wow,

If this is going to be indicative of the Messiah's next four years, I can hardly wait.

"At his confirmation hearing, Geithner called the transgressions "careless mistakes" and unavoidable ones.
He told the Senate Finance Committee the failure to pay was "unintentional." But he also said, "I should have been more careful
."

As to the first part, yeah, I'd say that's a big affirmative, especially since I have my taxes in well before the due date every year. As for the "unintentional" part, I'd say that's a heaping pile of horseshit. He was head of the Federal Reserve Bank's New York regional branch for crying out loud. Am I to believe that this person, who's knee deep in the economic system simply forgot? Where's the outcry from our esteemed press? Sorry, I heard crickets. Of course, the next passage pretty much sums up the mood for the Democrats:

"Earlier, committee Chairman Max Baucus said he thought that Geithner had made 'disappointing mistakes' but also said he needed to be confirmed so he could get to work on solving the country's financial crisis. "

I see. To hell with the fact that the guy conveniently forgot to pay $34,000 in back taxes (that's a year's salary for me) cuz we need to get cracking on that economy thingamabob. I ponder the consequences if this were a Republican who did this.

Aside from the fact that the guy is obviously a friggin' crook, does one really want someone in charge of money when he's had a history of forgetting certain sums of money? Am I the only person who thinks this is odd? Welcome to the land of the Logical Messiah.

"He did so after Obama's transition team found that Geithner had made the same tax mistake his first two years at the IMF as the one the IRS found he made during his last two years at the international lending agency. "

Absolutely awesome. I see that this guy worked with Bush and Harry Paulson as well. My guess is that the whole bunch is laughing all the way to the bank. Congrads America. You proved once again that we're suckers.

"While many senators expressed the view that the tax problem was not large enough to derail Geithner's nomination, the issue has become fodder for late-night television comedians and tax problems have helped sink Cabinet nominees in previous administrations. "

Apparently, it won't sink this one, because nominee came from the Messiah and we all know that he can do no wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment